Fun, dynamic 30-minute outdoor music classes with strict social distancing and safety protocols (see below) including mandatory mask-wearing for children over 2 and adults. We sing lightly, move and play rhythm instruments! Located in a private setting @ 1350 Waller, and Golden Gate Park.
- Once you join a group, the group will not change.
- A maximum of 6 families with one adult per family.
- Out of respect for the most vulnerable of our population, we request that no one over 65 join our outdoor classes (they are always welcome on Zoom!)
- Participants are responsible for maintaining six feet of physical distance and wearing masks (ages 2+) at all times.
- Any missed classes will be made up in one of our online classes.
- Participants will be sold a bag of instruments for a $15 fee that they bring each week, and bring their own mat or blanket.
- We have a beautiful, secure private outdoor space.
- If you have a pod that would like to have a class, please contact us with 1) Your preferred day/time 2) The ages of your children.
Outdoor Class Protocols:
We are thrilled to finally be able to make Music Together®® in person with you and yours! In order to keep everyone as safe as possible, and in order to be in compliance with the requirements set forth by the health guidelines of the San Francisco Health Department and 1350 Waller, All Saints church, we ask for your cooperation in following the procedures outlined below.
- We are following and adhering to guidelines from the city of San Francisco and medical professionals.
- In-person classes may be canceled or moved online at any time.
- No children other than those enrolled can attend class.
- If class is canceled due to inclement weather, fire smoke, teacher illness, COVID surges, or any reason, class will be made up over Zoom.
- If there is a cancelation, we will need to contact you. As a result, you may not opt-out of our email/text/phone communications and YOU MUST JOIN YOUR CLASS GROUP ON REMIND.
- No makeups will be allowed in person.
- All in-person classes are limited to 6 families.
- NO DROP-INS! Only enrolled children and members of the same household.
- Parents/caregivers from the same household are allowed to alternate/change who brings your child to class. BUT NO OTHER ADULTS are interchangeable. These must be closed pods.
- Out of respect for the most vulnerable of our population, we require that no one over 65 join our outdoor classes (they are always welcome on Zoom!)
- Each class will be its own consistent pod – we will not allow makeups in other in-person classes and absolutely no mixing of pods! Under no circumstances may families drop into another class unannounced. All makeups will be held online.
- Please try to take temperatures at home before class.
- 6-10 feet of physical distance is required at all times.
- If attending at Waller, enter through the white gate, safely park your stroller, and find a place to sit.
- Please maintain distance at all times even while parking strollers, please wait as each person arrives.
- You must take 100% responsibility for keeping your child with you at all times.
- Masks must be worn by all participating adults and children over 2.
- If a child wanders, you must scoop them up immediately.
- Our teachers will speak up or let you know if any behavior needs adjustment.
- Each family can bring a set of instruments/props for use not to be shared with others.
- Sick children and adults MUST stay home and attend online. You MUST stay home if you or anyone you’ve been in close contact with has been exposed to COVID-19, even if you are asymptomatic.
- You MUST let us know right away if you or anyone you have been in contact with has contracted COVID-19.
- No socializing on-premises! You can socialize in another location, and we can introduce you to one another via email, but we apologize – NO SOCIALIZING with teachers or each other at the 1350 Waller location.
- You may arrive 15 minutes early but please leave as soon as class is over. We need your help to quickly clear the area so the next class can safely settle in.
- We request that you please try and use the bathroom at home before you leave. If there is an emergency, there are bathrooms you can use at 1350 Waller. But there are employees/workers at Waller so for your sake and theirs, please try to go at home.
- Any makeups for missed in-person classes must be scheduled in one of our online classes.
- No refunds are issued after the start of a session for any reason at all. The no-refund policy includes COVID surges, natural disasters, weather, and all unforeseen circumstances – all classes will be online if not in-person.
What should I bring?
1. FOR GG PARK ONLY: a blanket or something to sit on (There are mats at Waller)
2. Your instrument bag
3. A mask for the caregiver(s) and any child over 2.